Thursday, October 28, 2010

exciting times and dumb republicans


Photobucket

I saw this bold ad kinda smack dab in one of the ghettoest parts of danbury, across from a kfc, the entrance to i84, AND a liquor store where, in a holdup, someone was shot and killed a few years ago. I'm not into ct politics yet since I just moved back but I am wondering wtf. republican jodi rell has been the governor of ct since 2004. roland was elected in 1994 and reigned until he was impeached and indicted on corruption and thievery and murder and child pornography charges, whereupon jodi took over. okay, rowland actually only went to jail for "depriving the public of honest service" (yes, that's a federal crime). but still. what the hell does this sign even mean? keith olberman would fill up a lake sputtering about this.

last night's particularly vehement speech about armchair liberals and the enslavement of the human race by republicans, etc. from keith olberman made me turn plaintively to mama, sitting in the rocking chair all the way across the room. we just ordered yesterday a plushy sectional that can double as a bed for dad in times of need, but it's not coming until early next week and until then we spread out around the living room in various uncomfortable pieces of mama's leftover antiquey furniture like lonely sheep. "what if that wife-beater foley guy wins the governor's race," I yelled. mama threw her arm up over the back of her chair so I could see her dismissal. "he's not gonna win. you don't have to worry about that one bit. there's no way he's gonna win."

I tend to be pessimistic about the future of the us in the hands of conservatives, and grumble about tentative plans to move to europe later in life but truthfully, mostly because I've never been out of the country, it's a scary thought. I console myself with the thought of california, which is kind of like another country.

five more days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pages

Followers