Thursday, September 23, 2010

the online world?


I'm 28 and like many my age, grew up sneaking the main house phone line to get onto AOL. specifically the chatrooms (a/s/l??).  the metaphysical chatrooms were the best by far.  you'd think there would have been old people talking about their souls journeys or something in there, but it was really a bunch of smart kids that wanted to chat with other smart kids.  not even any cybering! 

anyway, that's not my point.  my point is that I'm moving to CT in one week and won't have any friends (except my mama) there.  for approximately 2.4 seconds I thought about match.com, but for a number of reasons (and some involuntary shuddering) forgot about it.  There are only 3 decent people on match.com within a 50 mile radius at any time.  Plus I'm cheap as hell and there's no way I'm payin $30 a month to meet (mostly) horny weirdos.  is that too harsh?  (if YOU actually have a profile up, mad props.  I just don't have the balls, really, and I'm not that desperate...yet)

match.com isn't for friends anyway. it's not even for metaphysical smart kids.  starting a blog seemed like the closest thing I could get. I'm always thinking things I want to share with someone or post somewhere, especially when I'm driving on the turnpike and there's traffic for no reason or I'm watching a TV show and think of something immensely clever.  I know I should get with the times and spend an arm on a fancy internet-connecting cell phone, then join twitter.  in my paranoid mind, however, twitter is untrustworthy, especially after that worldwide virus scandal last week.  and that 180 character limit? I have enough trouble trying not to write 3 page text messages.

hopefully if I'm creative enough I'll get comments, friends and fans even!  a fancy internet-connecting cell phone is coming soon, because without one friends and fans are impossible.  of course, a fancy cell phone is impossible without money, so for now I shall be poor and lonely.  to console myself, I'll close with the funniest picture I've ever seen.


Photobucket

1 comments:

IF said...

I like this idea of yours, I must say.

Post a Comment

 

Pages

Followers