Friday, November 19, 2010

ya got the same now as before


my boss at the debt resolution network, a born crook, once dropped my call on purpose after I'd annoyed him.  I was on the phone with a client who'd called in with $80k debt and was ready that night to sign up and send a check.  if I closed him I'd get 15% more commission.  Adding hundreds in my head, I was determined not to let him talk to anyone else who might steal the close, and put the client on hold to run back and forth to my boss asking questions.  the forth time jim (boss) followed me back to my desk, asked for the receiver, and dropped it in its cradle. 

what did ya lose, he asked. 

I almost blubbered.  I counted out loud, babbling numbers and percentages.  he was gonna sign!  I was getting his credit card numbers!  he had 14 accounts!  the main line rang in the background.  one of the two dozen "financial analysts" sitting at desks behind me reached to the receiver, clicked their headset, and welcomed my client back.

do you remember her name?  no?  well, we can pick up right where she left off.  what's your name?  hmm...you're not in the system.  let me enter you in...and I'll take over as your personal analyst, no problem!

jim laughed.  ya didn't lose nothin you didn't already have.  ya see what I mean, you got the same now as before, ya got nothin.  that guy was askin too many questions anyway.  if ya don't close em, ya don't close em.  if ya're talking to em and 'air ready to sign, guess what.  tell em to show ya the money.  tell em to sign.  that guy wasn't signin.  he was wastin both ah times. wastin ya time!  how ya like that!  don't count those chickens.  cause they'll fly away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pages

Followers